URBAN eat Extends Roots Collection
The UK’s favourite sandwich brand, URBAN eat, has extended its delicious vegan and vegetarian range of sandwiches and wraps to cater for the growing demand from UK customers for free from diets.
There are five new exciting additions to the Roots range, carrying on Roots’ pun-filled legacy, including:
- Pickle Me Up Sandwich – Dairy free cheddar style cheese with pickle, tomato, red onion and salad leaves.
- Avo-Lafel Sandwich – Avocado falafel, red pepper tapenade, pesto, red and yellow pepper and salad leaves.
- Pesto Presto – Dairy free mozzarella with pesto, slow roast tomato, tomato and salad leaves.
- Dirty Jack Wrap – BBQ jackfruit with ‘Dirty Sauce’, carrot slaw, sweetcorn and salad leaves
- Hot Mozza Bella Panini – Dairy free mozzarella, sweet chilli peppers, pesto, slow roasted tomato and tomato ragu.
The new products will be available from August 2018 joining current favourites in the now 12-strong Roots collection, including the bestselling Bhaji Bonanza sandwich, combining onion bhajis and Bombay potatoes, and the Shabby Chic Pea sandwich, which brings together spiced chickpeas with Moroccan style carrot and orange chutney.
In the past 12 months, Adelie has more than doubled the size of its vegan range following success with consumers and requests from customers to expand its offering.
Isla Owen, Senior Marketing Manager at Adelie Foods, said: “Innovation and keeping on top of trends is at the heart of our ethos at Adelie and catering for specialised diets such as Vegan is a big focus for us at URBAN eat. Meat free diets are becoming more common than ever, with approximately 12% of the UK population now following this type of diet.
“We’re pleased to extend our Roots range with fresh, exciting sandwiches, wraps and paninis that give a real taste explosion. The new products will help retailers and foodservice suppliers cater for the growing market of consumers looking for more free from options during lunchtime.”
The new Roots range will be available from the August 20th 2018 from RRP £2.79. For more information on the range, call 0333 0037843 or email email@example.com .
 Vegetarian society, 2017